WELCOME!

Welcome to Jasmyne's Educational Ideas! I have compiled many of the ideas that I have for my classroom when i become a teacher. I created this website so that i could share some ideas with you.

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Art in the Classroom

For a child, art is an alternative means of communication. It is a way of expressing his or her ideas, experiences, or emotions. Art is everything. It is behavior, culture, self-expression, and history. Anything can be art, and I think that it is important for art to be in the classroom. Students should be able to look at a piece of work and describe, analyze, and evaluate it. It helps develop critical thinking skills. Think about it. Art can be integrated in every subject. So why shouldn't you, as an educator, bring out the creative side in your students?

No comments: